The year 2021 has taught that health is an important thing that you must take care of. Well, one way that can be done to make it happen is by exercising. If you are looking for an effective exercise to shape your body, lifting weights is the answer. This sport is very good for building muscle, building strong bones and increasing metabolism and energy. Although lifting weights is mostly done by men, that doesn't mean you women can't do it. For those of you who are trying this sport for the first time, you should first pay attention to the following tips for weight training for beginners.
Weightlifting tips for beginners:
Exercising in a fitness center or fitness center may not be conducive to doing because of the Covid-19 pandemic. But don't worry, you can still do dumbbell exercises at home without being afraid of injury by following these tips :
- The first thing to do is warm up. Warming up for some time such as aerobic activity, jogging for 5 minutes or brisk walking, can increase blood flow to muscles and make training sessions more effective. Jumping rope for a few minutes is also a good warm-up option before you lift weights.
Determine the appropriate tool
- Start with tools that are simple and easy to use.
- You can choose a dumbbell set for beginners, or a kettlebell, which is a ball weight with a handle.
- Resistance band which is an elastic band to increase resistance
Start with a light load
- It is highly recommended to start with weights that you can lift 10 to 15 times in the correct position.
- Start with 1 or 2 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions, then work your way up to 3 or more sets.
Increase the load gradually
- If you have successfully performed the recommended number of sets and reps, increase the weight by 5 to 10 percent of the initial weight you chose.
Rest at least 60 seconds between sets
- Do not ignore this phase, because rest is very important in helping to prevent muscle fatigue, especially when you are training for the first time.
Limit exercise time to no more than 45 minutes
- Do not do dumbbell exercises for too long, as this will very likely not give better results, and can actually increase the risk of muscle fatigue
Stretch your muscles after exercising
- Stretching can help increase flexibility, relieve muscle tension, and reduce the risk of injury.
Rest a day or two between workouts
- Resting gives muscles time to recover and replenish energy stores before you start your next workout.
Exercises for beginners
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, holding a dumbbell with each hand.
- Bend your knees slowly as if you were going to sit in a chair, keeping all the weight on your heels.
- Don't let your knees move beyond your toes, and don't let your knees go in or out.
- Squat as low as possible, keeping your head and chest up
- Press through the heels, and slowly straighten the legs to stand.
- Make sure the spine remains neutral in the sense that it is straight and not bent.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand just above your shoulders, palms facing in.
- Straighten your arms above.
- Bend elbows back to starting position to complete one rep
- Position yourself standing straight with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Hang your arms at your sides, your palms should be facing your thighs and your feet should be slightly less than shoulder-width apart.
- Take a big step forward with both feet, bending your knees until your quads are nearly parallel to the ground, landing on your heels.
- Inhale as the back leg is bent at the knee and balanced on the toes.
- Return to the starting position while exhaling.
- Repeat the movement with the other leg.
After eight to ten weeks you routinely do weight lifting, rest your body for a week or when your body feels very tired. During one week of rest, you can take advantage of it by seeing the results of your regular practice so far. So, those are some tips for those of you who want to try lifting weights.
Source Article :
Healthline.https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-start-lifting-weights#weight-training-exercises (03 September 2021).
medical.net. https://www.verywellfit.com/how-to-do-dumbbell-lunges-3498297 (03 September 2021)
Halodoc.https://www.self.com/story/10-strength-training-tips-for-beginners-that-will-make-your-workout-more-effective (06 Sep. 21).
Source Picture :