One of the most important things you can do to help prevent and control the spread of many diseases is to wash your hands properly. Hand hygiene will reduce the spread of diseases such as flu, food poisoning, and health care-related infections.1
When should you wash your hands?
You should really wash your hands :2
1. When you get home, arrive at someone else's house, at your place, or at work
2. Before and after caring for a sick child or other family member
3. Before eating, during, and after preparing food
4. After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
5. After handling garbage or working in the park
6. After changing diapers
7. After using a tissue or handkerchief
8. After using the toilet
9. After smoking
How to Wash Hands Correctly
To wash hands properly:2
1. Using clean, flowing water, wet your hands, then turn off the faucet.
2. Apply soap and lather thoroughly for 20 seconds (or longer if dirt is ingrained)
3. Rub your hands quickly over the entire surface of your hands and wrists.
4. Remember to clean the backs of your hands, wrists, between your fingers, and under your nails.
5. Remove rings and watches before washing your hands, or move the rings to wash under them, as microorganisms can live.
6. Rinse thoroughly under running water to remove all soap residue.
7. Dry your hands with a clean towel or air dry them.
Diseases That Can Be Transmitted Through Unclean Hands:3
3. Sore Throat
4. Hand Foot and Mouth Disease (PTKM)
6. Corona virus
After discuss further about hand hygiene, let's wash our hands and do a healthy lifestyle. You should always practice this good habits to keep your family and yourself healthy. You could take dietary supplements containing multivitamins such as Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Niacinamide, and Calcium pantothenate, to maintain the health of you and your entire family, thus avoiding all the causes of the diseases listed above.
1. Nidirect editorial staff. Hand washing and hand hygiene. nidirect.gov.uk. Last reviewed January 01, 2022. Available at:
2. Betterhealth editorial staff. Handwashing - Why it's important. Victoria State Goverment. Last reviewed: Mayl 25, 2021. Available at:
3. dr. Rizal Fadli. Malas Cuci Tangan, 6 Penyakit Ini Mudah Menyebar. Haladoc. Last reviewed: October 13, 2021. Available at: