In line with our mission to build a healthier Indonesia one person at a time, PT Darya-Varia Laboratoria Tbk is helping to improve the knowledge and skills of physicians in Indonesia by establishing an electronic library (e-library) known as the Medical Science Center (MSC).
The MSCs are supported by a scientific data bank that contains various international journals and Medical Doctors’ journal website subscribes from various medical science disciplines which help medical students, doctors and paramedics.
As of end of 2013, there are 7 MSCs available at teaching hospitals:
- MSC RSPAD Gatot Subroto in Jakarta
- MSC RSUD Dr. Soetomo in Surabaya
- MSC RSUP Adam Malik in Medan
- MSC RSP Unpad - RSHS in Bandung
- MSC RSUP Dr. Wahidin Sudirohusodo in Makassar
- MSC RSUP Dr. Moh. Hoesin in Palembang
- MSC RS Kanker Dharmais in Jakarta
- MSC RSUP Fatmawati in Jakarta
- MSC RS Jantung Harapan Kita in Jakarta
Thanks to the presence of the MSCs, physicians have greater access to resources they need so as to be better equipped themselves in taking care of their patients better. We expect in the future MSC can become a centralized library that helps doctors to explore the science and update their knowledge.